May 28, 2018
For many, public speaking is terrifying. For others, it’s just a
fun hobby. For me, having the opportunity to stand in front of a
crowd and capture their attention for a prolonged period of time is
a privilege and an amazing opportunity for business development,
when done right. 6 years ago, I decided to take public speaking
more seriously and make it part of my business. Through my
experience, which I share with you in this episode, I’ve learned
how to work the stage, so to speak, to make public speaking an
additional source of revenue in my business.
What You’ll Learn in This Episode:
- Before you begin your speaking journey, you should know what
you’re talking about
- Why selecting a few topics to become known for is way more
effective than listing about 30 things you can talk about
- Practice and preparation are key and can mean the difference
between delivering a mediocre presentation and delivering a
presentation that helps you secure business long after you
- Even if you’re serving on a panel with others, how can you best
- Set up a speaker's page either on an existing website or as an
entire website dedicated to you as a speaker
- Should you speak for free or only accept engagements that pay
- What can you be doing with your presentation slides to help
provide the necessary information for attendees to know about
- When responding to questions from audience members, what can
you say to let them know you're available to help?
- How can you promote an upcoming speaking engagement on social
media without sounding obnoxious?
- What is the best way to get the most out of video footage that
you record while presenting?
- How to find conferences to apply to participate in as a
My Speaker Page (for your reference)
The Rebel Speaker Podcast
The Speaker Lab Podcast, episodes specifically about demo
Thanks for Checking Out the Show Notes and for
I really hope you enjoyed this episode. I would really
appreciate it if you shared this show with a friend who could
benefit from listening to this particular episode.
Please don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you can get each new episode
delivered directly to you when it’s ready. You can find the show in
Apple Podcasts, Stitcher Radio, Google Play, and TuneIn.
Leaders sure do love company so be sure to get social with
Or email me at nicole[at]nicoleabboud[dot]com